Unusual Uses for Lemons – They’re fresh, citrusy and available all year round!.
I love it when a product that everyone has in the fridge is a multi-tasker. Honestly I prefer to use the things I have on hand than buying one product for one sole use. Natural products have so many wonders and sometimes the faithful lemon or lime gets unappreciated. Did you know that lemons can cure dandruff?. Give it a try and you’ll be amazed with the results. Due to their citrus nature Lemons has so many uses around the home, not only for drinking, eating or cooking.. Although it’s the secret ingredient to my chicken soup. But also for cleaning, beauty and more.
Here’s 27 unusual uses for Lemons:
- Detox your body by adding 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to warm water and drinking it each morning.
- If your trash can is smelling nasty throw a few lemon peels in the bottom, under the bag. You will want to replace the peels with fresh ones every week or every other week.
- Are you constantly scratching your head because of dandruff? Take two tablespoons of lemon juice and massage them into your scalp. Then rinse well with water. Next, mix one teaspoon of lemon juice with one cup of water and rinse your hair. Repeat this every day until the dandruff has disappeared.
- Clean up that cutting board. After mincing the garlic and chopping the onions your cutting board can start to smell BAD! Get rid of the smell and sanitize your cutting board by rubbing lemon on it. Just cut the lemon in half and rub the cut side on the cutting board or you can wash it in juice from the bottle.
- Adding a bit of lemon to your water can brighten up your mood and relieve you from stress and depression. When you start to feel a bit fatigued try sucking a lemon though a hole cut in the top. It is an amazing refreshment and a quick acting medicine. Many world travelers and long distance walkers look at the lemon as an absolute Godsend.
- If your having respiratory problems just reach for the lemon water. Lemon water can reduce the phlegm your body creates. This can help aid a person suffering from asthma.
- Drink some lemon water to help reduce the production of the free radicals that are responsible for skin damage and aging skin.
- Drinking lemon water regularly might increase the production of a chemical in the urine, called urinary citrate, that prevents crystals that may build up into kidney stones from forming.
- Lemons are a natural diuretic. They assist in producing urine which in turn helps to reduce inflammation by flushing out bacteria and toxins while giving you relief from rheumatism and arthritis.
- Potassium is found in lemons and can control high blood pressure as well as reduce the effect of dizziness and nausea?
- If your dealing with a sore throat and you have already tried gargling salt water, try drinking some lemon water. It will help fight the infection in your thought since it has antibacterial properties.
- If your suffering from digestive problems try a little lemon juice. the lemon juice reduces your changes of indigestion and constipation, it helps purify the blood and it eliminates different toxins from the body.
- It is always fun to go out and pick your own berries. However, it always seems your fingers are stained with the juice from the berries and it won’t come off even with all the scrubbing with soap and water. Pour some lemon juice on your hands and rub it around. Wait a couple minutes and wash it off with warm soapy water. Repeat this until your hands are nice and clean.
- Soak a sponge or cotton ball in some lemon juice and stick it in the fridge to remove bad odors. Don’t forget to toss any bad foods that could be the cause of the odor.
- Dealing with warts can be embarrassing. Next time you find yourself with an unsightly wart just apply lemon juice to a cotton swab and dab it on the wart. Repeat this for a few days until you notice the wart has been dissolved by the acids in the lemon juice.
- Next time you find that you have poison ivy apply some lemon juice right on the skin. The lemon juice will relieve the itch and reduce the rash.
- Quit wasting all that money on those expensive dry cleaners. Next time mix equal amounts of lemon juice with water and scrub the stained area. Your shirts will be as good as new and smell wonderful!
- Add some extra power to your laundry by adding one cup of lemon juice during the wash cycle. It has a natural bleaching action that will help wipe out those stains from your cotton clothing. Your clothes will be lemon fresh and look brighter too!
- Since lemon juice is a natural disinfectant you can use it to clean produce. Simply spray 1 tablespoon of lemon juice into a spray bottle with a bit of water.
- It never looks good when that big bowl of guacamole you made for the party turns brown on top. Just sprinkle a generous amount of lemon juice over the guacamole to keep it green and fresh. This trick also works with fruit salad. Just put some lemon juice onto the slices of apple and they will stay crisp and white.
- Keep your fingernails looking nice and clean by soaking them for 5 minutes in a cup of warm water mixed with the juice from half a lemon. After soaking push back your cuticles and rub the lemon peel back and forth across the top of your fingernails.
- Don’t put up with age spots anymore! Apply some lemon juice directly to the age spots and let it sit for about 15 minutes. Rinse your skin clean with warm water. No more need for expensive creams.
- Get rid of zits naturally. Dabbing lemon juice onto blackheads will draw them out during the day. Also, you can wash your face with some lemon juice. It is a natural cleanser and exfoliator. With this treatment your skin should improve after about a week.
- If your in need of some quick mouthwash just rinse your mouth with a little lemon juice right out of the bottle. If you swallow a little of it you will have longer-lasting fresh breath because the lemon juice kills the bacteria that causes the bad breath. Be sure to rinse after a few minutes because the acid in the lemons can harm your tooth enamel if they are exposed to long.
- Forget about the moth balls. Keep your closets free from pesky moths by using ripe lemons and sticking cloves all over the skin. The clove covered lemons will slowly dry which will leave a wonderful smell though your closets and rooms.
- Clean out that nasty littler box smell with out having to use an aersol spray. Cut a few lemons in half and place them cut side up in a dish in the room with the littler box. Soon the air will be smelling lemon fresh!
- Suffering from a headache? Add a little lemon juice to a few teaspoons of hot tea for some relief. This can be used for those who deal with hangover headaches as well as headaches do to many different causes.