This easy and delicious marinated Flank Steak Dinner Recipe takes less than 10 minutes to cook and it’s perfect for hosting company. Juicy, sweet and smoky.
In my household, we usually don’t eat beef more than 1 or 2 times a week so when I do, I like to prepare something special. Flank Steak is one of the most versatile cuts of beef, you can grill it, roast it, sauté it (fajitas, stir fry) or even slow cook it and shred it. It has a great taste and is tender. But my favorite is this easy Marinated Flank Steak Dinner
It takes less than 10 minutes to cook in the oven. I used the broiler since my husband wasn’t here to turn on the grill. But you can certainly grill your steak. The broiler is basically the same as grilling with the slight difference that the source of heat comes from above instead of below.
The trick to have a nice and juicy steak is to marinade and then let it rest after is cooked so the juices can redistribute. Trust me, letting your meat rest for at least 5 to 10 minutes covered in foil makes a big difference. Don’t skip this step – even if you’re really really hungry.
My marinade for this recipe is super easy, just 3 ingredients: BBQ sauce, garlic and Worcestershire sauce. Ingredients that I am sure many of you have in your pantry already. Mix the 3 together in a bowl, toss inside a baggie with the beef and let it marinade for as much time as you have. 2 hours, 30 minutes, overnight or even 10 minutes. Sometimes we come home in a hurry and don’t have 2 hours to wait for the steak to marinade, it’s ok! just toss it together to give it some flavor and broil. It will still taste delicious!
This Flank Steak Dinner Recipe is great as a quick family meal but is also perfect for hosting company. Serve it with a nice green salad and your guests will surely be delighted.
After the meat is marinating I like to add the steak into a greased broiler pan leaving the marinade inside the baggie. Pour the marinade into a small saucepan and warm it up over medium low heat. This liquid will become the yummy sweet and smoky sauce.
Yum! I hope you can make this Steak Dinner Recipe at home and let me know how it turns out!
- 2-3 lb.. of Flank Steak, fat trimmed
- 1 Cup of Barbecue Sauce
- 1 Ts. of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1-2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- In a small bowl mix the bbq sauce, worcestershire sauce and garlic until combined
- Pour the sauce int a baggie and insert the beef. Rub the sauce all over the meat and marinade in the fridge for a couple of hours (optional)
- Preheat the broiler
- Place the meat in a greased broiler pan reserving the marinade juices inside the baggie
- Pour the leftover marinade on a small sauce pan and heat on low
- Broil for 3-4 minutes on each side
- Remove flank steak from oven and let it rest covered with foil for 5-10 minutes
- Slice the beef against the grain and enjoy!