Fall is here and we are automatically craving comfort foods.. This easy to make Squash Soup Recipe is both delicious and super easy to make. It’s a hit for both kids and adults!.
Here’s what you need:
– 1 Small Squash Peeled and Cubed (you can find them already cut up at your local grocery store)
– 1 Bullion Cube: I use chicken flavor but if you’re vegetarian you may use a vegetable Bullion.
– 1/2 Teaspoon of Ginger
– 1/2 Teaspoon of Curry powder
– Salt and Pepper to season
1) Add the cubed squash to a deep pot and pour enough water to cover it. Let it boil
2) When the water boils crumble and add the Bouillon.
3) Cook for about 20- 25 minutes, just until the Squash is tender (to check it just insert a fork).
4) When the Squash is tender puree into a creamy soup using an immersion blender. If you don’t have an immersion blender simply take the contents out of the pot, let it cool a bit and use your regular blender.
5) When the soup if pureed to your desired consistency add the ginger and curry. Add more seasoning if you’d prefer. Also check if there’s enough salt and pepper.
6) Voila! Eat and enjoy!
Suz Saves says
Love that this only has 4 ingredients! It looks so easy and yummy! Thanks for sharing!
you’re very welcome! Hope you enjoy it Suz!
Your recipe for the squash soup is very similar to mine, except that mine doesn’t call for curry powder. I guess I will have to try it and let you know how it turns out!! Thanks for sharing!
I recently made some chicken and dumplings using butternut squash in the soup. It was an amazing taste. I can’t wait to try this b/c this looks just as good! Very good recipe for winter and cold weather!
OOh chicken and dumpling with butternut squash! yummy! Sounds great Katie! I would love to try your recipe
kathy j says
I love soup and squash. I will have to make this it seems fairly easy to do.
That sounds super easy. I love squash. It has such a mellow flavor.
Sylvia Zajis says
I bet this soup would be even extra indulgent if a bit of heavy cream was added. The recipe gets my mind started spinning…lol.
Sounds delicious and I love it has so few ingredients.
That sounds perfect for these cold winter days.