Pumpkin Walnut Sticky Buns Recipe
I am embracing Pumpkin this fall. Prepare for Pumpkin recipes for the next few weeks! I just love how versatile this ingredient is. You can make savory, sweet and even breakfast dishes like this one and it’s so easy to make!. You won’t believe how quickly you can whip up this Pumpkin Walnut Sticky Buns Recipe.
Sticky buns are a guilty pleasure, they are crunchy, sweet, creamy in the middle and leave a nice lingering taste after each bite. The trick to making them is using store bought puff pastry and baking them upside down in muffin tins. No mixer or heavy kneading required. When using puff pastry sheets, let it thaw overnight in the fridge inside the package, to prevent from drying up.
You can make the recipe in advance the night before and bake off in the morning, for guests attending a breakfast or brunch. If you make the night before, simply cover the muffin tin up with some foil and place in the fridge. The next morning, let it come to room temperature by placing it in your kitchen counter 30 minutes before baking.
The smell of your entire house while these are baking is amazing. You would think you’re in a Patisserie in Paris. I love the ooey gooey tops and the soft centers. The walnuts add excellent taste and crunch without overpowering the pumpkin flavors. They just go together. Make this on a Sunday morning and you’re whole family will come running down the stairs as soon as the fragrance hits their noses.
To make your Pumpkin Walnut Sticky Buns Recipe you will need:
– An appetite, of course
– 2 sheets of Store Bought Puff Pastry, thawed
– 1 1/2 Sticks of butter, at room temperature
– 1/3 Cup of Brown Sugar
– 1 1/2 Cans of Pumpkin Puree
– 2 Tbs. of Pumpkin Pie Seasoning
– 1/2 Cup of Walnuts, chopped
– Flour for sprinkling
I will post the full directions on the bottom but here’s a short video on how to make them:
- 2 sheets of Store Bought Puff Pastry, thawed
- 1 1/2 Sticks of butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cans of Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Tbs. of Pumpkin Pie Seasoning
- 1/2 Cup of Walnuts, chopped
- Flour for sprinkling
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees
- In a bowl mix the butter and the brown sugar, set aside
- On a floured surface, place the thawed Puff Pastry and spread using a rolling pin
- Spread the pumpkin puree all over the puff pastry leaving a 1 inch border on all sides. Sprinkle in 1 tb. of Pumpkin Pie seasoning
- Using a serrated knife cut carefully in 6 equal pieces
- Grab a muffin tin and place it over a cookie sheet (sticky buns will boil over inside the oven)
- Inside each muffin crevice, add a little of the butter-sugar mixture and sprinkle in the walnuts
- Add the rolls cut side up inside each crevice and press them lightly
- Repeat with second Puff Pastry sheet
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the tops are browned
- When they are ready, carefully invert them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Beware, contents will be hot.
- Spoon the walnuts on top of each bun